Sign Below If You Agree

Posted on July 20, 2012 by TNS Consulting Team (via Scott Spayd)


When we are hired for a job we sign countless contracts, agreements, and policies. These documents outline what is expected of a new employee. The main purpose of these documents is for legality, but what other purpose do they serve? Verbal agreements are often easy to break, but signed agreements tend to keep people more accountable.

If you have ever worked in the medical field, you know the confidentiality laws (HIPPA) are very strict and detailed in what information can be shared with others. Other organizations typically have their own policies on what is considered confidential information. For instance, if I were working for Coca-Cola, I would certainly have to agree not to discuss Coca-Cola’s products with Pepsi Co.

If every employee signs these legal documents, everyone in the organization should be held accountable, right? After all, what is the purpose of policies if no one follows them or abides by them?

In the 2011 global panel study, 66% of employees responded that they believed their superiors act ethically at work. If the other 34% of participants are witnessing unethical behavior by managers, what is the impact? These employees may learn to think that unethical behavior is okay to get ahead especially if someone above them is partaking in such behaviors. This is why it is so important for managers and leaders to act ethically to set the organization’s standards.

When you sign an agreement, what does it mean to you?

TNS Consulting Team (via Scott Spayd)

About TNS Consulting Team (via Scott Spayd)

Great companies know that it takes highly engaged employees to retain customers and make their brand promise come alive. To make the connection between your employees, customers and brand, you need a partner with deep expertise across several areas. Only KANTAR TNS has over two decades of employee survey experience, as well as access to the consultative and research resources of the world’s largest customer satisfaction benchmark database and brand analytics research. Whether you have 200 employees or 200,000, Kantar TNS has the expertise and the advanced measurement, reporting, and follow up tools you need to deliver on your employee and customer brand promise.

Be the first to leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *